Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Post-op, 5 weeks

1.) Sitting beyond 30 minutes is still a NO NO.
2.) Right foot may have a little improvement, not sure.
3.) No change in the left foot, still numb.
4.) Ankles, Knees, hamstrings, and hips are bothering me at the end of the day (the list is growing a little).
5.) Back has been a lot sorer this week, especially when I first get up in the morning.
6.) SI Joints are now acting up. Physical Therapist says that I'm transferring some of my fused joints functionality to the SI Joints and their not happy.
7.) Meds still interfere with my sleeping and have been waking up from soreness in my back now.

Lost 1 pound this week. Continued water PT. Didn't get approval from Insurance Company to extend PT beyond 5 sessions. Authorization will come but is delayed cause I didn't follow the rules. Water PT will have to continue on my own. PT still seems to flare up the nerve in my right leg. Only walking 2 1/2 miles a day during the week and my normal 5 on the weekend. Work is going well and am now back full time. Cut back on the Percoset during working hours, so I'm only taking Tylenol and Robaxin. What a difference, I can think again but the pain is WOW, almost a 5. I've worked like this before so I just have to get used to it again. I take the good stuff when I don't have to think. At least I know where my pain is so if the Doctor asks me I can tell him. Kind a sucks when you have to plan your life around what medication and how much pain you can tolerate.

No comments: