Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Post-op, 2 weeks

1.) Sitting beyond 30 minutes is definitely a NO NO. I've done it a couple of times and the pain that follows is not worth the few minutes of extra comfort.
2.) My right foot woke up a little this morning. Some of the feeling came back to the top of my foot. It smarted a little at first, but now its seems to be back to normal. Still have some numbness left, but the prospects for that going away are looking up.
3.) No change in the left foot, still numb. I have manage to build up some strength into my foot from walking.
4.) Knees and hamstrings are still bothering me at the end of the day. It's kind of a good/bad pain because I know their sore and tired from having an active day.

It's much easier now to roll from side to side in bed now. The incision hurts less and in fact is now starting to itch which is a sign that it's healing. I'm now walking 5 miles a day again. Definitely need the exercise being that I've already gained 11 pounds since my surgery.

With the exception of one bad day, week 2 has been very productive as far as healing goes. Tomorrow is my first post op appointment with my surgeon and pain management doctor.

No comments: