Monday, October 12, 2009

SCS Trial - Unplugged

My trial is over and I'm unplugged now. I'm a little surprised at how much the Stimulator helped. Some of my problems aren't painful but are annoying nonetheless. Muscle twitches are back and are more unnerving then having the stimulator turned up a little too high. The burning and stinging has returned and I'm back to walking on a river bed of rocks (tender foot).

The stimulator did not reach everything. The deep pain in my ankles was never touched. I talked it over with my Doctor and I have decided to move forward with the permanent placement. This is not to say that I'm doing hand stands right now. I wish I didn't have to go this route. I will never be drug free, at least that's how it was explained to me. What the SCS does is buy me time. I'm still relatively young and hoping I have a lot of miles left on me. The SCS will permit me to keep the doses at my current levels or maybe a little lower. If I opted not for the SCS, I will have to go on the extended release stuff. The problem with that solution is, it doesn't touch the burning/stinging and the tender feet.

No comments: