Thursday, October 8, 2009

SCS Trial - Day 2

I survived the first night. Had a little Princess and the Pea thing going on the morning (slept on the external unit). I did leave the stimulator on all night at a very low setting. My left leg was real good (no pain) this morning but my right leg hurts like the dickens (this might be because of the pea).

I shut off the lead for my right leg. I just couldn't deal with the stim in my butt. The left lead seems to have better placement because it only stimulates below the knee. This is my worst leg and I am getting some relief there. According to the video, its possible to adjust the pulse width and rate.

I met with the Rep in the afternoon where I was granted more control over my stimulation. The Rep also moved the stimulation to a different contact for the right lead. It seams I'm wired a little different then most folks and have to be stimulated a little lower than normal. With the afternoon and the evening to play with the stimulator some more, it's definitely much more rewarding when you get to adjust all 3 values and create your own programs so to speak. I have no way of saving my results. So far I have created 2 laying down settings and a walk setting.

No comments: