Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Post-op, 18 and 19 weeks

Well, the pain in my knees and ankles has pretty much leveled off to a very uncomfortable state. I've had to return to full doses of percoset to keep it in check. I saw my PM Doctor today and he basically informed me that there is good news and bad news.

Good News - the burning on the top of my feet is an indication that those nerves are finally healing. He said I probably have a couple more months of the burning before it settles down all together. Unfortunately, nerves do not heal quickly and this is just a new stage in the healing process.

Bad News - the knee and ankle pain is also nerve pain. Because these symptoms are new, he thinks it may be some scar tissue forming in my back causing the problem. I'm gonna have to wait it out and see what my body does for the time being. He told me that I'll probably have to do an MRI and an EMG in February once everything has a chance to run its course and settle down. In the mean time he prescribed Lyrica for the nerve pain.

My back has been doing great lately. I get a little sore if I sit to long and after a long day. When they say recovery for this surgery is 6 months to a year, they aren't joking.

No comments: