Monday, January 14, 2008

Post-op, 21 weeks 2 days

Talked with my Doctor today after he reviewed the films from over the weekend. All screws and rods are exactly where they are supposed to be. The spacers between the discs have not moved. I do have some inflammation from what is being termed some soft tissue damage. This will pass by taking the anti-inflammatory meds and continuing my PT.

Good thing that I'm not a Doctor cause I put out some misinformation. I am not completely fused at L5/S1 yet. Am I showing definite signs that I am fusing? Yes. The term thrown out there was that the bone between the discs is knotting (definition: a bond of union). Never heard that one before. I asked when I would be completely fused and he said I was on track to be done prior to my one year anniversary. I was told that its not possible to fuse this quickly and I need to continue to be patient.

No comments: